Stack Cast: An Experiment in Co-Casting
We know the future will be made up of computers helping us do bits of work and fun together in perfect coordination, but the details are not all that clear and the hurdles abound.
In this ruckus experiment we are taking the simple podcast format and seeing what happens when we try to do it together, in strings, as batons and as single questions.
The Experiment Has Begun!
We started with a basic set of 12 podcasts. We will be taking the project (with donated share podcasting hardware) to Cordoba, Argentina in November 2018 with Triple Smart Labs and will be setting the goal of 24 more podcasts (in Spanish).
The First 12
The first topic umbrella is exponential technology. We interviewed people making the future better using exponential technologies and tagged the heroes with “Pronoia” (the opposite of paranoia).
We will be sharing the stories of people like Ariel Garten who created the first meditation assistant using a small wearable brain headband. Lauren Evenow told us about how she is programming unconditional love into AI. Want to flip your fear into courage? Listen in with Guryan Tighe.
Are you a stack caster?
If you are a creator and have always wanted to have a podcast but didn’t want to commit to a weekly schedule, focus on a single topic, or go through the hurdles of publishing and promoting, come and join the experiment.
We are doing the first 12 as a chain. One person gets trained, creates a podcast and then teaches the next person to do it. Is there someone you have been dying to interview? Begin to co-create with us.
View Proposed Episodes on our airtable!
CASE FOR CO-CREATION
In a future of exponential change and fast change, we hope to provide shared tools that will encourage us to become life long learners and even co-researchers along the lines of our passion. The project empowers people to create content they love, intersect with heroes, and share passion with the world.
- Can we use linked stories and interviews as a way to tell stories together using some basic scaffolding?
- What type of experience and tools do we need to get people from idea to publishing their first interview into the stack?
- How can we visualize what we have created?
- Can we turn the project into an economy or micro funding resource for creators?
- How can we visualize bigger data sets and customized playlists generated for each listener?
- What is the future of podcasting in virtual reality?